Wednesday 17 September 2014

Going back a bit ....

So I decided to go back and have a look at some of the stuff I've done in the past. This post is dedicated to some of the stuff from 2012. I apologise in advance for any "k*k" photo's and any spelling mistakes.



Cupcake Order


One of my best buddies was moving to East London :(  But a year later she came back .. Yay! It was my first attempt at a car sculptured cake and I have to admit, it's not as easy as it looks on the youtube videos.


Simple wedding cake.  The groom was Chinese, so the Bride wanted the cherry tree with Red and Gold blossems for good fortune.



One of the cake classes I attended held by Grace Stevens (Cupcakes By Design). It was so much fun and I learned a lot and made a bunch of great friends! I would recommend her classes when she's up in JHB.  Currently she does a show on TV too!



Just some pretty cupcakes for a party.


Spiderman figurine Cake.
  

This was a first birthday cake for my niece.  My Skoon-sis sent me pics of her favourite toy ... her sheep and asked me to make one as a topper for the cake.  When we took a photo of the toy and topper together ... I was quite impressed with the outcome.


A birthday cake for a friends mom.


My first attempt at a pirate ship cake.  I forgot to take a pic once I put the Capt Jack on top ... silly me.


Finding Nemo cake toppers I made for an order


The rest of the Tank crew.  I was chuffed with my little "squirt"


My daddy turned 75 and had a great party.  I got my incredibly talented Sister-in-law (Skoonie no. 2) to create the picture and I then had it printed out on edible paper.  I had to laugh at the party when a few of my dad's friends tried to open the "book".


This was a cake for a friend of mines grandchilds birth.  The cow was to represent her daughter, whom she calls Moo, the bear was to represent their surname "von bier"and the dragon was to follow through on their babys room decoration theme and that it was the year of the dragon.


Tie-dyed flower cake


A cake for a little boy who loves aliens and space ships.


An order for a "Smurf cake" 





Man United Fan birthday cake.


A globe cake that I made for a company party. Thank you Fiona Mclean for teaching me how to make a globe!!


My son's PS3 birthday cake.  Yes, the controller is fondant.




A sweet 16th birthday for a friends daughter


A 40th cake for my cousin's friend who loves Dorothy from Wizard of Oz





My first attempt at a hand painted cake



Baby smurf cake topper order.


A first birthday cake for a little girl Megan who loves her parents Ipad and anything apple :)


A simple birthday cake


A Holy Communion Cake for a friends daughter.  


A Holy Communion cake for my daughter. Her and her friend made their Holy Communion on the same day, so I was rushing with two cakes to make.  They both wanted the same colours.  I will however think twice, and maybe a third and forth time before making a cross shaped cake again.  It was very difficult to cover in one piece of fondant.






Ok, so the story behind this very bright and unusual cake was ... a 21st birthday.  The theme was Lumo, she wanted a peace sign and a meditating spongebob square pants ... I have no idea why and emoticons.


A 7th birthday cake for a swimming party


First birthday - Minnie Mouse theme






I did a workshop with Fiona Mclean (the Chairlady from the Randburg Branch of the South African Cake Decorators Guild) on making Gingerbread Houses and decided to make a bunch for Christmas gifts and fill them with choccies.  A very expensive exercise and a lot of work, but still fun to make.


I did got a few Craftsy classes for my birthday and wanted to try out what I learned.  The flowers and "icing cage" were from a class by Colette Peters and the clever frill border at the top was from Joshua John Russells class. Yeah I know, I suck at piping.


A baby shower cake for my husband's cousin.


Some babyshower cupcakes.


A baby shower Bear cake.  My first attempt at a bear.  Boy am I glad I decided to use buttercream and not fondant to ice it


Another "baby shower" cake.  This was a very clever idea I thought. Instead of a baby shower they had a "big sister" shower so the sister was included and didn't feel left out.



My birdcage class I took with Grace Stevens - was very cuffed with the outcome.


My son's cake from 2011


A fairy birthday cake ... I was starting figurines and they aren't the best, but still sorta cute I think.



Father's day patchwork cake


Pamper party cupcakes



My daughter's birthday cake.  She "designed" it and had very definite ideas about how she wanted it.  It had to have a minecraft horse on top because she loves minecraft and horses. She then wanted a blue layer with her name on it, a purple layer with pink flowers and finally a rainbow coloured tier at the bottom - Go Sandy!


A Noah's ark cake


Puppy dog cupcakes


Racing car cake.  The car took 3 tries (fondant) before I got it looking like a car.


So those were a few of the things from 2012....

Hope you enjoyed!

No comments: